Tempus stands for Trans-European Mobility Scheme for University Studies (TEMPUS) A European Union’s programme which supports the modernization of higher education in the Partner Countries of Eastern Europe, Central Asia, the Western Balkans and the Mediterranean region, mainly through university cooperation projects. The Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency (EACEA) is responsible for the management of Tempus.
1. Curricular reform
- ECTS, 3 cycles, diploma supplement
2. Governance reform
- University management and student services
- introduction of quality assurance
- institutional and financial autonomy & accountability
- equal access to HE qinternational relations
3. Higher Education and Society
- Training of non-university teachers
- development of partnerships with enterprises qknowledge triangle
- training courses for public services (Min./ local auth.)
- development of lifelong learning
- qualifications frameworks
- Joint Projects, implemented at institutional level to reform curricula, improve university governance, create more links with society.
- Structural Measures, implemented at national level for the development and reform of national higher education structures and systems in PC (Ministries of Education must be “associated partners”)